Scott is the go-to advisor on major construction projects and major construction disputes for a broad range of clients including government, private sector proponents, contractors, financiers, owner groups and industry professionals.
Scott provides advice on all aspects of front-end project work, risk analysis and allocation, project structuring, development of delivery systems, contract and tender preparation, bid assessment and bid advice. In addition, Scott is a highly experienced construction litigator, having conducted court proceedings in all States of Australia, as well as international and domestic arbitrations.
Scott's differentiator is his exceptional ability to understand market proponents' perspectives and distil the most important commercial objectives for his client and to embed them in the legal strategy. It's this skill that makes him stand out amongst his peers as a coveted strategic partner on some of the largest and most complex construction projects in Australia.
Scott's work highlights include
- Running one of the largest arbitrations in Australia, involving the Ichthys LNG Project, with total claims exceeding A$3bn and multi-national parties and law firms.
- CECEP Wind Power Corporation (CECWPC): Development of the Coppabella wind farm in NSW.
- Infrastructure NSW: New Powerhouse Museum and precinct development.
- Destination Gold Coast: Tower 2 at Jupiters Island in Queensland.
- Australian Rail Track Corporation: Inland Rail PPP Project.
- Pembroke Coal: Complete development of the greenfield Olive Downs Coal Mine.
- OZ Minerals: Carrapateena Copper Mine Project.