Ryan Iskandar is a Special Counsel in the Banking & Finance group of King & Wood Mallesons. Ryan specialises in structured finance and derivatives across the Asian region.
Prior to joining King & Wood Mallesons, Ryan worked for many years in Hong Kong and Tokyo offices of a leading magic circle firm.
Ryan is qualified in England & Wales and is fluent in English, Mandarin and Cantonese.
Ryan’s recent highlights
- Hong Kong warehouse MBS: Acted for a global European investment bank on warehouse securitisation facilities in respect of mortgage-backed loans originated by Hong Kong mortgage lenders
- Qupital: Acted for Qupital on the establishment of its inaugural US$150 million warehouse securitisation facility
- Acted for leading Chinese financial institutions on the establishment of structured notes and secured repackaging programmes, including Guotai Junan Securities, Haitong Securities, Huatai, Essence and others
- Advised on structured note and repackaging issuances referencing a wide range of asset classes, including equities, fixed income, currencies, commodities and other asset classes
- Advised leading Chinese financial institutions on cross-border structured finance transactions involving onshore assets through various types of investment channels (such as QFII/RQFII/CIBM/Connect schemes)