Mark advises his clients on a range of corporate transactions including schemes of arrangement, takeovers, private M&A, joint ventures and restructures. His sector experience includes financial services, food & agribusiness, energy & resources and industrials.
Mark is a key part of the KWM team that is focused on helping shape public policy on corporate law matters, including submissions on law reform, advocacy with regulators and industry positions on complex areas of law.
Mark’s recent highlights:
Mergers and Acquisitions:
- Brookfield’s acquisition of Healthscope,
- AcerlorMittal on its takeover bid for Macarthur Coal made jointly with Peabody,
- Kingsgate Consolidated’s acquisition of Dominion Mining,
- Santa Fe Holdings’ acquisition of Wridgways,
- Barrick Gold’s acquisition of Tusker Gold; and
- Origin Energy on its successful defence of a takeover bid made by BG Group.
Restructuring and Insolvency
- Woolworths’ exit from its Home Improvement business (including the sale of Home Timber & Hardware to Metcash,
- the administration of Jewel Fine Foods (including the proposed sale to B&J City Kitchen and eventual sale to Coles),
- the administration of Disability Services Australia (including sale to Scope); and
- the engagement of Hilco to undertake an inventory liquidation for the liquidators of T.M. Lewin Australia.
Mark has also acted for a number of clients in proceedings before the Australian Takeovers Panel, including:
- Origin Energy in Origin Energy Limited 02  ATP 23,
- Noble Group in Gloucester Coal Limited 01  ATP 6; and
- Taurus Funds Management in Finders Resources Limited 03R  ATP 11.