Joseph predominantly acts for Australian and Chinese clients on public and private M&A transactions.
He also has significant capital markets experience and co-authored a chapter in "A Practitioner's Guide to The FCA Listing Regime 2018/2019" published by Thomson Reuters and the CityUK Report for HM Treasury "Capital markets for growing companies: a review of the European listing regime".
Representative transactions include advising:
- ASX 100 listed IRESS Limited on its acquisition of market data provider QuantHouse
- BHP on its acquisition of an initial stake and subsequent further investment in Solgold plc
- FTI (as administrators of ASX listed Surfstitch Holdings Limited) on the sale of Surfdome and Magic Seaweed
- QIC on the reorganisation of certain of its UK investments
- VFMC on the sale of its stake in Birmingham Airport to Ontario Teachers Pension Plan
- National Australia Bank on its funding of the bid by St Barbara Limited for Allied Gold Mining plc
- Moelis Australia as financial adviser on proposed takeover of a UK listed company
- Hong Kong listed Leyou Technologies on its Extreme Very Substantial Acquisition of Splash Damage Ltd
- a Chinese consortium on its acquisition of West Bromwich Albion FC
- Orchid on its sale of 170 pubs to Mitchells & Butlers plc
- South 32 on its demerger from BHP and listing on the London Stock Exchange
- AA plc on its £1 billion refinancing through listed debt and equity offerings
- ArcelorMittal on its joint bid with Peabody Energy for Macarthur Coal Limited