David Bell specialises in commercial property sales, acquisitions, leasing and developments, property trusts, significant infrastructure, resource and energy projects, tourist and other special facilities developments.
He has acted in both Sydney and Melbourne and regularly advises clients such as Telstra, Dexus, Stockland, Aurizon, ARTC and South Bank Corporation.
David also has extensive experience in property-related insolvency workouts and distress sales of commercial and rural property and businesses, both for receivers and managers, administrators and major banks.
Chambers Asia Pacific noted that David is "really smart, a good negotiator, calm, measured and cost-conscious".
David's work highlights include:
- Sunshine Coast Council and SunCentral Maroochydore: the new A$2.5bn Maroochydore City Centre development by Walker Corporation in Queensland.
- Dexus: A$1.5bn Waterfront Brisbane Precinct redevelopment project in Queensland.
- Telstra: sale and leaseback of 36 telephone exchanges and towers across Australia and the Clayton data centre; the restructure to separate its business units, including into separate towers and infrastructure entities; the sale of an interest in the Amplitel towers business.
- ARTC: Inland Rail project in Queensland.
- Destination Gold Coast Consortium: Stages 1 and 2 of the redevelopment of The Star Casino, Gold Coast as mixed use residential, hotel and retail buildings.
- South Bank Corporation: Brisbane Convention and Exhibition Centre; Neville Bonner Bridge, the New Performing Arts Venue and Southpoint developments at South Bank.
- Stockland: acquisition of the Halcyon over 50 communities land and business.