Markus is a partner in the Corporate Department of King & Wood Mallesons. He advises clients on M&A and PE transactions, financing rounds, joint-ventures and corporate restructurings as well as, generally, on all aspects of German corporate law. This includes also advice to managers, directors, officers or board members in relation to buy-out structures and related aspects.
Markus gained its comprehensive experiences from his former engagements with leading international law firms in Frankfurt am Main as well as from his service as a partner of a well-known German M&A/PE boutique.
German PE funds, family offices as well as corporates of every scale are highly satisfied clients of Markus.
Advising the following clients:
- Shareholders of SELIT group of companies on the sale to NMC International and the establishment of a strategic partnership
- 21sportsgroup GmbH on a certain financing rounds and M&A deals
- Pinova Capital Funds on certain acquisitions and MBOs
- Landbell AG on the acquisition of the EnviroSolutions compliance business in the UK from DHL Supply Chain Limited, UK and ERP Recycling Platform SAS (France) including its more than 30 subsidiaries sold by Electrolux, Hewlett Packard, Procter & Gamble and Sony.
- BrandMaker GmbH on certain financing rounds
- BIP Venture Partners S.A., Pinova Capital Funds and other shareholders, in the sale and roll-over of Utimaco Group to the funds advised by EQT Mid Market
- SüdBG on the mezzanine financing of Wayand AG
- Cross Equity Partners AG on the acquisition of the punker-Group
- Shareholder of Hagelschaden-Centrum Douteil on the sale of the company to funds advised by Constellation Capital AG and Beechbrook (UK)
- Shareholders of Beontra AG including L-EA Private Equity and others on the sale of Beontra AG (Karlsruhe) to Lockheed Martin (Bethesda, USA).
Markus advised on these projects prior to joining KWM.