Emily Masters is a key member of the highly regarded KWM Real Estate practice, rated 'one of the best in the market' by Chambers Asia Pacific. She has diverse experience in complex real estate projects and developments and large scale capital transactions.
She is a trusted advisor to some of the key players in the Australian real estate industry, including institutional and private investors, listed property trusts and developers and financiers of real estate and infrastructure projects.
She has also advised many offshore participants on their first forays into the Australian real estate market. Emily has advised on development, subdivision and leasing arrangements for many commercial and residential projects across Australia and has worked on some of Australia's largest real estate sales and acquisitions.
She also has particular expertise advising on complex transactions in the healthcare and agribusiness sectors.
She has been recognised in Best Lawyers as one Australia's best property lawyers and is on the board of a major Victorian community housing association.
Emily's work highlights include:
- Real estate capital transactions - advising on high value real estate transactions, including SPH REIT?s investment into Westfield Marion in Adelaide and the sale of Stockland's The Grove residential project in outer Melbourne.
- Commercial development - structuring complex development and anchor leasing arrangements for landmark office, industrial and healthcare projects, including SAHMRI 2, a state of the art clinical and research facility within Adelaide's $3.6 billion BioMed City precinct.
- Residential development - advising on large scale residential projects, including one of the largest purchases of residential land in Melbourne's history, the Alphington Mill site, and its proposed development into a mini-suburb of 2,500 dwellings.
- Agribusiness - advising operators and investors on high value transactions of agricultural property.
- Infrastructure projects - advising infrastructure operators, primarily in airports, ports and logistics assets, on structuring tenure arrangements and implementing developments.
- Joint ventures - structuring and advising on the implementation of joint ventures in the real estate sector, including Dexus and GIC on their investment in the Rialto Towers in Melbourne.