Alix is a partner in the London office of King & Wood Mallesons. She specializes in advising financial institutions and investors on the UK's financial services regulatory regime.
Alix has over 20 years of experience (some gained at the regulator) of advising on regulatory requirements and relationships with regulators across a range of industries and asset classes, including advising family offices and private investors, hedge and other alternative fund managers, private equity, banks, broker-dealers, custodians, distributors, issuers and cryptocurrency businesses.
Alix has particular expertise in alternative investment funds and the documentation of investments into these vehicles. She also has significant experience of regulated mergers and acquisitions, often involving complex changes of control and due diligence exercises.
Having spent more than 10 years in practice in US-headquartered law firms (some of which in New York and Washington), Alix is well-versed in assisting US and other overseas financial services businesses coming into the UK.
- Advising on UK regulatory treatments of crypto-backed products;
- Assisting on responses to enquiries and investigations by UK regulators and exchanges;
- Restructuring and sale of the UK aspects of an Australian bank;
- Advising on market abuse policies and procedures (including for commodities derivative dealer and UK-based broker-dealer);
- Restructuring of the UK operations of large Asian state-owned asset managers;
- MIFID II on inducements and research product distribution for a network of European banks;
- MIFID II on Organised Trading Facilities (OTF) status and requirements for matched principal brokers;
- MIFID II on commodity derivatives for large state-owned energy provider's UK derivatives dealers;
- Client asset requirements for CFD and FX dealers.
- Criminal Finances Act and anti-money laundering procedures and advice for a branch of an EEA bank and a number of state-owned financial and commodity enterprises.
- Islamic finance products and compliance with PSD2 and eligibility for the deposit guarantee scheme for an Asian bank.
- Authorisation of a full-scope alternative investment manager (listed REIT).
- Marketing by US banks and funds platforms of securities, whole loans and fund investments into the UK and Europe and associated regulatory issues.
- Solicitor, England and Wales