Alex Elser has expertise across all aspects of transactional work for private equity sponsors, including private M&A, shareholders and JV agreements, management equity plans and other equity structuring matters as well as broad corporate advisory experience.
Alex also provides advice on corporate governance arrangements, corporate compliance and other Corporations Act matters, ancillary documentation and joint venture arrangements.
Alex has acted for many of the preeminent Global and Australian private equity firms including KKR, Apollo, Affinity Private Equity, Blackstone, PAG, Denham Capital, Quadrant Private Equity and CHAMP.
Alex has a reputation in the Australian market for winning her clients' trust and is regarded as a strong deal executor and deal negotiator. Clients have described Alex as "dedicated and outstanding", "very smart, can get to grips with complex issues very quickly, explain them simply and give very good advice", and "a fantastic lawyer who knows our business inside out". She is known for her ability to navigate challenging transactions to a successful outcome, with another client adding, "She's very calm and level-headed in tough situations."
- QScan Group Holdings - trade sale auction process for exit of QScan
- Kinetic Group Services & OPTrust - auction process for a stake in Kinetic Group and sale and leaseback of property portfolio
- Acquisition of Zenith Energy - scheme of arrangement by PEP, Infrastructure Capital Group and OPTrust
- Affinity Equity Partners - advising on the joint venture of the Virgin Velocity Frequent Flyer program
- Icon Cancer Care - Multiple acquisitions, including Adelaide Cancer Centre