Stuart Broadfoot specialises complex finance and corporate tax advisory and transactional matters, including relating to cross-border and international taxation, project finance, mergers and acquisitions, structured finance and corporate restructuring.
Stuart has experience in advising on complex international and Australian tax matters across a range of sectors including the taxation aspects of a wide variety of corporate, commercial and finance transactions.
Stuart's work highlights include advising:
- Major Australian bank in relation to the tax issues associated with private equity investments into various offshore funds.
- Significant international pension fund on tax issues associated with inward investment into Australia and associated acquisition of transport-related business.
- Global fund manager in relation to Australian tax implications of changes to cross-border master fund.
- Major international oil company advising on and negotiating tax aspects of significant oil-related inward investment into East Africa.
- International banks advising on and negotiating a range of significant cross-border financial transactions.