Jason Watts has a broad practice with a focus on public company mergers and acquisitions, equity capital markets, governance and private equity. He regularly advises ASX listed entities and their boards on complex restructures, capital raisings, takeovers and mergers, continuous disclosure and corporate governance issues. Jason advises major clients of the firm across a number of sectors including financial services, real estate, health, energy and transport.
Jason has been the lead partner advising on a number of high profile restructures, mergers and takeovers involving both friendly and hostile transactions, downstream acquisitions, cross border mergers and sponsor public to privates.
Jason has lectured in the Takeovers and Reconstructions course in the University of Sydney Masters of Law program since 2016.
Jason's work highlights include:
- Westfield Corporation: leading the team advising Westfield Corporation on its $32bn merger with Unibail Rodamco and the related demerger and listing on ASX of One Market Limited.
- AMP Limited: leading the team acting for AMP on the A$3.3bn sale of it's Australian and New Zealand wealth protection and mature life insurance business to global insurance group, Resolution Life.
- Mercury Capital: acquisition of the Bauer Media Magazine business in Australia and New Zealand and the subsequent Recapitalisation of Ovato, the business' printing and distribution parties.
- PAG Asia on the acquisition of Craveable Brands.
- Ongoing defence and governance advice to Healius who received a takeover proposal from Partners Group.