Decades at the heart of private equity
KWM has been continually recognised (by clients and the market) as a leading Tier 1 private equity team. Working with us means working with lawyers who have real insight into private equity – something that comes from continually executing, and successfully completing, complex private equity transactions for some of the highest profile and most active private capital investors in the world.
Working with private equity firms of all sizes – from the largest global buyout funds, to smaller first-time funds, we combine market-leading private equity market experience with in-depth tax and regulatory knowledge to give you practical, cost-effective legal advice that you can implement quickly.
Private equity lawyers for fast-changing markets in South and South East Asia
We understand the dynamics of the industry, its central players, their organisational structures, needs and unique challenges. Our lawyers have strong relationships with private equity sponsors across the market, as well as banks and other institutional debt providers, SWFs, LPs, special opportunities investors, hedge funds and family offices, which we leverage for the benefit of our clients.
KWM’s experience covers the full spectrum of the private equity landscape, including
- Leveraged Buyouts (LBOs) and Management Buyouts (MBOs)
- Growth Capital
- Buy and Build Strategies
- Venture Capital
- Special Opportunities
- Core+ and Alternative Assets
- Management Equity
- Portfolio Company Advisory
- Acquisition Finance
- De-SPAC Transactions
A unique combination of expertise for a unique sector
Private equity sponsors and other alternative asset managers continue to look for unique and innovative investment structures across wide-ranging sectors, from traditional buy-out investments through to regional consolidation, platform investments, bolt-on acquisitions to strategic collaborations with strategic investors. Our private equity transactions team brings together market-leading experts in mergers and acquisitions, banking, tax, competition, employment, intellectual property, funds and equity capital markets - to create and implement these market leading structures across asset classes, sectors and geographies.
At the frontier of private equity investing
As private equity investors look to new asset classes, regions and deal techniques, our lawyers are at the cutting edge of the changing face of private equity investing. This includes:
- South and South East Asia market leading execution expertise in all key jurisdictions in South and South East Asia
- ESG and sustainability deep knowledge of impact investing and sustainable and green finance
- Data economy asset classes strong experience in M&A transaction in the data economy asset classes, including tech, data centres and FinTech investments
- De-SPAC transactions with our lawyers working on some of the largest De-SPAC transactions targeting SE Asia late stage venture capital and private equity backed companies, targeting listings on NASDAQ and NYSE