Indispensable advice on planning and environment law
With the ever-increasing focus on the environmental impacts of resources and infrastructure projects, sustainable development and climate change, clients turn to King & Wood Mallesons for legal and strategic advice on their most significant environment and planning and issues.
The regulatory framework surrounding environmental issues continues to evolve rapidly across South and South East Asia. Navigating these regulatory processes presents challenges for new and existing projects.
Our expert environment and planning lawyers can help you obtain environment, planning and other regulatory authorisations, as well as help you to manage environmental risks, resolve environment and planning disputes, secure access to land and deal with regulators.
Our team advise on the most complex and pressing issues in the sector, including:
- Planning and regulatory issues
- Environmental impact assessment processes
- Approvals consents and licenses
- Customary land rights
- Resolving disputes arising from environmental legal challenges
- Contaminated sites, including risk and liability, and remediation processes
- Acquisition and disposal strategies
- Environmental due diligence and environmental health and safety
- Land use planning
- Renewable energy, including renewable energy legislation