Led by John Shum, our Singapore Banking & Finance practice consists of a team of experienced international lawyers who are well positioned to advise on cross-border financing and restructuring transactions in Greater China, South East Asia and Australia including:
- Acquisition & Leveraged Finance
- Asset & Aircraft Finance
- Banking & Financial Markets Regulation
- Corporate Finance
- Debt Capital Markets
- Derivatives & Structured Products
- Digital Payments & Virtual Assets
- Digital Platforms & Financial Market Infrastructure
- Fund Finance
- Project Finance
- Real estate Finance
- Trade Finance
- Islamic Finance
- Green, Social and Sustainable Finance & Investment
- Financial Crime
- Regulatory Investigations
Acquisition and Leveraged Finance
- Qingdao Haier Co., Ltd in connection with the US$3.3 billion term loan facility provided by China Development Bank Corporation to finance its US$5.4 billion acquisition of the appliance business of General Electric. The deal was named “Cross-border M&A Deal of the Year” by The M&A Advisor International Awards 2017.
- HSBC, Hong Kong Branch and JP Morgan Chase Bank N.A., Singapore Branch on a EUR370 million term loan to a subsidiary of Philippines-listed liquor producer Emperador Inc. for the acquisition of a European-based beverage business.
General Bank Finance
- A group of 15 banks in a US$850 million financing to a resources group in Indonesia.
- Cathay United Bank Co., Ltd. in connection with US$78million mutli-tranche facility to PT Pusaka Jaya Palu Power an independent power producer in Indonesia for refinancing and corporate restructuring purposes.
- CMB Wing Lung Bank, Limited in relation to a US$1.125 billion equivalent dual-currency term loan facility to Far East Horizon Limited arranged by, among others, Wing Lung Bank, Limited.
- SCB, Banco Santander and China Minsheng Bank, as lenders’ counsel for a US$195 million Sinosure backed financing to develop a waste-to-energy plant in Vietnam.
- The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited, Singapore Branch as Offshore Collateral Agent and Account Bank with respect to the US$230 million limited recourse project finance loan from Export Development Canada to PSN Enam, a special purpose vehicle affiliate of PT Pasifik Satelit Nusantara, for the development and launch of the PSN VI telecommunications satellite.
- PT Bajradaya Sentranusa, an Indonesian independent power producer, in connection with a US$280 million secured refinancing by IFC and other lenders of the 180 MW run-of-river Asahan hydroelectric power project. This deal won the “2015 Asia-Pacific Multi-sourced Deal of the Year” award by IJGlobal Magazine.
Real Estate Finance
- The Singapore Branch of an International Bank, on senior secured financing for the acquisition by a Singapore-based fund of multiple logistics real estate in the UK and Germany.
- China CITIC Bank International Limited Singapore Branch in connection with the financing of a US dollar equivalent of approximately S$435 million term loan facility guaranteed by Fullshare Holdings Limited for the acquisition of commercial real estate in Singapore.
- Singapore- and Hong Kong-based financial institutions on a US$49 million syndicated term loan to repay existing construction loans and for financing a mixed-use real estate development enterprise in Wuxi, Jiangsu province. The transaction included an onshore “placeholder” loan.
* Includes experience obtained prior to relevant team members joining King & Wood Mallesons