With extensive experience advising both public and private sector clients, Tim advises public sector government departments, corporations and regulatory agencies in relation to major projects, infrastructure, energy transition and climate change.
In the private sector, Tim advises on M&A transactions, project development, financing and investment funds in the renewable energy, oil & gas, mining, water and rail sectors.
Tim is admitted to practice in Australia and England & Wales, and his practice covers both domestic and cross-border projects.
Tim has been recognised by Legal 500 as a Next Generation Lawyer.
Tim’s recent highlights include:
- Land Restoration Fund: advised the Queensland Government on the establishment of its $500m Land Restoration Fund.
- Queensland Natural Capital Fund: advised the Queensland Government on its cornerstone investment in the QIC managed fund.
- QCN Fibre: advised the Queensland Government on the establishment of QCN Fibre to commercialise the fibre optic cable held within the Powerlink and Energy Queensland electricity transmission and distribution networks.
- Aurizon: advised on its $2.25 billion acquisition of One Rail from Macquarie funds.
- Lightsource bp: advised on the acquisition, development and financing of its Australian solar projects.
- Iberdrola Australia: advised on its agreement with TransGrid to dispatch Australia's first Tesla Megapack big battery (50MW/75MWh).
- US private equity: advised on the disposal of its Beetaloo Basin gas assets to Tamboran Resources.
- Australian utility: ongoing advice on its domestic gas portfolio, including trading, transportation, joint ventures and retail matters.
- Hydrogen: advising clients on a series of early-stage hydrogen projects in Australia and Asia.
- Queensland Treasury secondment: advised the department on a broad range of issues including major projects, infrastructure, investment facilitation, grant funding, machinery of government changes and data.