Robert Jackson is a partner in the Brisbane office of King & Wood Mallesons where he specialises in project development, mergers and acquisitions, corporate reconstructions and joint ventures within the energy and resources sector.
Robert's practice focuses on the development of new mine and related infrastructure projects, including port and rail developments. He is a key member of the King & Wood Mallesons Brisbane offices' Energy, Resources and Projects group and leader of the King & Wood Mallesons national Mining and Metals sub-sector group.
Robert is consistently ranked as one of the world's best lawyers by Chambers Asia Pacific. He has also been nominated in Best Lawyers in Australia 2016 in the areas of Corporate Law, Energy, M&A, Mining, Natural Resources and Oil & Gas.
- Gladstone Ports Corporation - Development of Port Services and Logistics Facilities with the LNG industry
- Gladstone Ports Corporation - Development of the Fitzroy Coal Terminal Project
- Gladstone Ports Corporation - Development of the Balaclava Island Coal export Terminal
- Gladstone Ports Corporation - A$4bn development of Stage 1 of the Wiggins Island Coal Terminal by WICET, a company controlled by various coal industry participants
- Hancock Timber Resource Group - A$603m acquisition of Forestry Plantations Queensland in the Queensland Government's privatisation process
- BG Group - Acquisition of A$500m interest in Queensland Gas Company Limited
- QGC - Development of the A$8bn Queensland Curtis LNG Project at Curtis Island in Gladstone
- Aluminium Corporation of China (CHINALCO) - Purchase of 9% of the Rio Tinto Group and development of the announced (but never implemented) US$19.5bn strategic partnership with Rio Tinto at the height of the global financial crisis
- BHP Billiton Mitsubishi Alliance - Development of various greenfield coal mines and associated infrastructure such as Daunia, Saraji East and the expansion of Abbot Point Coal Export Terminal
- BHP Billiton - US$2.45bn purchase of the New Saraji Coal Project from New Hope Corporation
- BHP Billiton - Sale of the Yabulu Nickel Refinery to interests associated with Professor Clive Palmer
- Northern Territory Government - Development of the Darwin Marine Supply Base
- Aluminium Corporation of China Limited (CHALCO) - Successful competitive bid for the rights granted by the Queensland Government for the development of the A$3bn Aurukun Bauxite Project.