Rebecca Finkelstein specialises in infrastructure and mining project development, corporate, project and acquisition financing, public private partnerships and privatisations.
Rebecca is recognised in the 2021 edition of Best Lawyers in the area of Project Finance and Development Practice, in the Asia Pacific Legal 500 as a "Next Generation Partner" and in the IFLR1000 as a "Notable Practitioner" in Banking and Finance, Project Finance and Real Estate Finance.
Rebecca's recent work highlights include
- Advising the successful Transurban/AustralianSuper/CPPIB/ADIA consortium on their acquisition of a 51% interest in the WestConnex road network, and advising on the financing of the M4, M5 and M4-M5 Link projects
- Advising Queensland Airports on its financing arrangements
- Advising Iberdrola Australia (previously Infigen Energy) on its financing arrangements
- Advising the successful EMR Capital/Golden Energy and Resources Limited consortium on the financing aspects of the acquisition of the Ravenswood Gold Mine in Queensland, and advising Ravenswood on its financing arrangements
- Advising Taurus Mining Finance Fund on its US$110m solo project financing to Abra Mining Pty Ltd for the Abra Base Metals Project and a number of cross border and domestic mining project/acquisition financing transactions across commodities including across gold, nickel, coal and sand frac
- Advising on recent PPP projects including SA Schools, New Grafton Prison, Frankston Hospital and Vic Public Housing Renewal Project