Peter Stirling specialises in corporate and commercial law with an emphasis on mergers and acquisitions, equity capital markets and corporate governance.
Peter advises a number of listed and non-listed companies including companies operating in the energy and resources, financial services and manufacturing sectors.
The "very pragmatic" Peter Stirling is applauded for his prominence on significant transactions. (Chambers & Partners)
Peter's work highlights include
- Latitude Financial Services: Peter has advised Latitude Financial Services in relation to both its initial public offering and listing on the Australian Securities Exchange and a number of major transactions preparatory to its listing including a major restructuring of the Australian and New Zealand Latitude Group business and the sell-down of a 10% interest in Latitude to Shinsei Bank.
- IOOF: Peter has acted as strategic legal adviser for IOOF on the integration of the ANZ Wealth Business into IOOF and acted as key legal adviser on the ongoing strategic disposal of certain non-core businesses of IOOF.
- Lead partner on a large buy-side public company transaction for a large listed resources company.
- Gandel Group: Peter continues to act as lead legal adviser for the Gandel Group in respect of a number of its listed entity investments including investments in Vicinity Centres, Alkane Resources Limited and others.
- Victorian Department of Premier and Cabinet: implementation of the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) in Victoria.