Khin has extensive experience in a wide range of lending transactions including real estate financing, acquisition financing, margin lending, fund financing, syndicated and bilateral loans, repackagings and other asset-backed financings. He has a particular focus on cross-border lending across Asia Pacific involving jurisdictions such as Hong Kong, PRC, Australia and Singapore.
Khin acts for lenders and borrowers, including international banks, securities houses, and corporate borrowers based in the PRC, Hong Kong and overseas. Before re-joining KWM, he was a partner at a London headquartered international law firm.
Khin obtained a Master of Arts, and a Bachelor of Arts in Jurisprudence from the University of Oxford. Khin is qualified to practice in Hong Kong and England and Wales.
- Advising China Lodging (currently as Huazhu Hotel Group) as borrower on a US$500 million syndicated acquisition financing facility, arranged by Deutsche Bank.
- Acting for HSBC on the US$800 million bridge financing for the acquisition of the Asian operations of a major international logistics company.
- Acting for a leading Chinese financial institution on a loan secured on Bondconnect bonds.
- Acting for a leading Singaporean bank in connection with the approximately US$100 million financing for the acquisition of a portfolio of PRC commercial properties, featuring onshore and offshore security.
- Advising a major PRC conglomerate as borrower in connection with the real estate acquisition financing of a commercial building in Canary Wharf, London.
- Acting for lenders on multiple property acquisition financings relating to “The Center” in Hong Kong.
- Advising HSBC as lender on a capital call loan facility for a well-known credit fund.
- Advising a leading Chinese securities firm a US$200 million loan repackaging to finance the acquisition of a US based fertility company.