Katherine has extensive front end project development experience with a particular emphasis on construction, infrastructure delivery and operations, major projects and renewables. Katherine specialises in the negotiation and documentation of contractual arrangements for major projects including EPC, EPCM, ECI, D&C and O&M contracts, Head contracts, procurement and supply agreements. Katherine's practice extends to large scale public infrastructure and she has significant experience in relation to PPPs (acting for both financiers and consortiums) on a range of projects.
Katherine advises on all aspects of project delivery from risk analysis, project planning and strategy, project structuring and procurement options, development of appropriate contractual delivery structures, risk assessment and allocation, tendering and bid assessment, contract preparation and negotiation. She also provides contract administration, claims management and strategy advice and disputes assistance including in relation to the CCA.
Katherine acts for a range of clients across the infrastructure, energy and resources sectors, including energy companies, government departments, resources and mining companies and infrastructure developers.
- Lighthouse Infrastructure: advising Lighthouse Infrastructure on its successful acquisition of the 68MW Emerald Solar Park in Queensland from RES Australia, subsequent termination and re-tender of O&M contract after O&M Contractor's insolvency.
- CBH – advising on EPC and O&M agreements with Biogass for the development of a power generation system at BLM’s site.
- EcoGraf: Advising on the preparation of an EPC contract for its 15,000tpa graphite processing plant.
- Lendlease: advising Lendlease in relation to the development of Tun Razak Exchange (TRX) Lifestyle Quarter, a 17 acre, residential and commercial use development located in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
- Perth Stadium: acting for the financiers of the successful consortium for the Perth Stadium PPP, including in relation to ongoing project delivery issues.
- BHP Billiton: advising in relation to large scale equipment procurement contracts and various construction contracts in relation to its iron ore operations
- Decmil Group Limited: Advising on Decmil's EPC an O&M tenders in respect of Maoneng's 200 MW Sunraysia Solar Farm project in New South Wales, including preparing and negotiating the EPC and O&M contracts and subsequent project delivery issues.
- Transmission Gully: advising CPB Contractors as builder in relation to the construction of the TG PPP project.
- Aurizon: advising as lead partner on its West Pilbara Iron Ore Project in relation to the development and operation of a rail and port facility including preparation of the infrastructure development agreement and infrastructure services agreement for the provision of a pit to port supply chain and the development of procurement, and construction tender packages.