Emily Masters is a key member of the highly regarded KWM Real Estate practice. She has extensive experience across complex real estate projects and capital transactions.
Emily is a trusted advisor to institutional and private investors, listed property trusts, developers and financiers. She has also advised offshore participants on their first forays into the Australian real estate market.
Emily has advised on tenure assembly, funding, subdivision and leasing arrangements for developments across Australia. She also regularly provides strategic advice on titling issues, structuring arrangements and risk allocation on real estate and infrastructure projects.
Emily's work highlights include:
- Real estate capital transactions - advising on high value real estate transactions, including SPH REIT's investment into Westfield Marion in Adelaide and the sale of Stockland's The Grove residential project in outer Melbourne.
- Commercial development - structuring complex development and anchor leasing arrangements for landmark office, industrial and healthcare projects, including SAHMRI 2, a state of the art clinical and research facility within Adelaide's $3.6 billion BioMed City precinct.
- Residential development - advising on large scale residential projects, including one of the largest purchases of residential land in Melbourne's history, the Alphington Mill site, and its proposed development into a mini-suburb of 2,500 dwellings.
- Agribusiness - advising operators and investors on high value transactions of agricultural property.
- Infrastructure projects - advising infrastructure operators, primarily in airports, ports and logistics assets, on structuring tenure arrangements and implementing developments.
- Joint ventures - structuring and advising on the implementation of joint ventures in the real estate sector, including Dexus and GIC on their investment in the Rialto Towers in Melbourne.