David Phua is a Partner based in the Singapore office of King & Wood Mallesons.
David’s practice focuses on the energy and infrastructure sector and he has extensive experience advising clients on oil and gas, power, mining and other natural resources projects. He has particular experience advising on all aspects of the international LNG value chain and the broader gas industry. David regularly represents companies in connection with export and import project development issues, the negotiation of long term LNG sale and purchase agreements as well as contract re-negotiation and price review related matters.
David has practised in the Asia for over ten years and is fluent in Mandarin. Prior to joining KWM, he worked with a leading US law firm and a Magic Circle firm in their energy and project teams.
David graduated from the University of Cambridge, and he is qualified as a solicitor in England and Wales.
His representative experience includes advising on:
- joint ventures, shareholding arrangements, strategic investments and disposals in the oil and gas, power and mining sectors
- the development of conventional and renewable projects across South East Asia, including coal, gas, geothermal, hydropower, solar and waste-to-energy projects
- the development of multibillion dollar greenfield LNG export projects in East Africa, Canada, the United States, Australia and Papua New Guinea, as well as associated marketing and offtake agreements
- LNG terminal access arrangements and related contracts such as break-bulk, storage/reload, cool-down, downstream gas sales and truck loading agreements
- pipeline gas sales, transportation and storage arrangements, including cross-border pipeline projects and related host government agreements