Chris is the lead real estate, construction and infrastructure partner in the Canberra office of King & Wood Mallesons, where he specialises in commercial, property and development projects as well as construction, planning and environment law.
Chris has established a leading reputation in the business, government, education sectors, and government & private sector client's alike attesting to the depth of his expertise.
Such clients include Australian National University, QIC, ISPT, CCPPIB, Department of Finance, Suburban Land Agency, Department of Foreign Affairs, KDN Group, Lendlease, Mirvac, Quadrant and University of Canberra.
Chris' work highlights include:
- SLA: Leading the team advising the SLA and its board on the high-profile Kingston Arts Precinct project. This multi-million-dollar 10 year Territory Government project involves the development of a heritage arts precinct in central Canberra to create a home for 12 future arts organisations and integrates them into a vibrant arts hub for artists and the public along with large scale residential, hotel, commercial and retail uses.
- QIC: planning strategy for the A$1bn section 96 city mixed use retail, office, residential, hotel and public carpark project.
- ANU: A$1bn Union Court development project. • UC: 2000 residential Campus Community Estate Project.
- CPPIC: $2billion Sydney Central JV development project.
- SLA: assisting on the contentious Yarralumla Brickworks heritage mixed use project and its planning and title intricacies.
- Kippax Fair owners: shopping centre development project involving amending the Territory Plan and liaising with the Planning Authority executives and the Minister in the 5 year quest to change the planning framework of West Belconnen.