Our China practice team has been active in the forefront of legal practice in China and Japan for many years
We deeply understand the differences in the economic environment and business culture between the two countries, and have accumulated extensive experience in facilitating business transactions between enterprises of the two countries. We have assisted clients in completing many landmark investment and acquisition projects in Japan in the fields of energy, new materials, household appliances, machinery and equipment, electronics, internet services and games, real estate, healthcare and pharmaceuticals, film and entertainment and multimedia.
We are also committed to studying the laws and regulations with respect to the latest technologies and business models, as well as exploring their application in practice. We do our utmost to provide our clients with pragmatic and innovative legal solutions to help them achieve their business goals.
Our legal services for Chinese enterprises investing in Japan mainly include
- Company incorporation, M&A and restructuring
- Corporate governance and other daily legal advice
- Banking and finance
- Private equity and funds
- Anti-monopoly law, competition law and other compliance matters
- E-commerce and data protection
- Real estate operations and transactions
- Technology trade and export control
- Enterprise labour affairs consultation and labour disputes
- Insolvency and restructuring
- Business crisis management
- Civil and commercial dispute resolution, intellectual property litigation
King & Wood Mallesons (KWM) is an international law firm headquartered in Asia with 32 offices around the world, providing legal services in a wide range of areas including corporate and M&A, banking and finance, private equity and funds, securities and capital markets, compliance, intellectual property, dispute resolution and litigation, and debt restructuring. KWM has teams of experienced lawyers practising PRC law and IP specialists in 14 Chinese cities, and teams of bilingual legal professionals in Beijing, Shanghai, Guangzhou and Chengdu. We utilise the firm’s extensive global legal and information resources through collaborating with professional teams in various fields to provide professional and efficient legal services for our clients.