Song Yue specializes in advising issuers and underwriters on transactions across the international debt capital market space, with extensive experience in investment-grade and high-yield offerings and liability management exercises. A number of Song's transactions have been shortlisted for debt and equity-linked or high-yield "Deal of the Year" awards. He has been recognised as a “Next Generation Partner” in Debt Capital Markets by Legal 500 Asia Pacific.
Song received his Juris Doctor degree from Harvard Law School and undergraduate degree from the University of Toronto. Song speaks native Mandarin and fluent English. Prior to joining the firm, Song practiced at the Hong Kong office of another major international law firm.
Work highlights include:
- advising the joint lead managers on debt offerings by S.F. Holding Co., Ltd.;
- advising the dealers on debt offerings by CMB International Capital Corporation Limited under an MTN programme;
- advising the joint lead managers and joint dealer managers on high-yield debt offerings and liability management exercises by China Grand Automotive Services Group Co., Ltd.;
- advising Ronshine China Holdings Limited on high-yield debt offerings and liability management exercises;
- advising the underwriters on SEC-registered debt offerings by the Republic of Korea*;
- advising China Three Gorges on its debt offerings*;
- advising the dealers on debt offerings by State Grid Corporation of China under an MTN programme*;
- advising Bank of China on its offshore preference share offerings*; and
- advising WTT, a portfolio company of two private equity sponsors, on its debut sponsor-style high-yield debt offering*.
*Includes transactions completed prior to joining KWM