Pablo Díaz is a partner at the Corporate team of King & Wood Mallesons in Madrid. A lawyer with more than 20 years of experience, Pablo specialises in corporate law and M&A, including advice on commercial matters and corporate governance.
Over the last few years Pablo has advised national and international clients on all types of M&A transactions, with a specific focus on private equity, energy & infrastructure and capital markets deals.
Some of the clients he has advised include, among others, EDP Energias de Portugal, EDP Renovaveis, Sonae, GED Capital, Moira Capital Partners, Artá Capital, Portobello Capital and Nicolás Correa, S.A.
Pablo is recommended by the main legal directories such as Chambers & Partners, highlighting his track record on cross-border acquisitions, including in the USA and Latin America. Chambers & Partners says that Pablo is “a key player in M&A”.
Mergermarket highlighted Pablo Díaz as one of the key Corporate Lawyers in Spain and, recently, he was ranked as Top 8 M&A Lawyer in Spain by number of deals – 1Q 2022.
- Advice to EDP Renováveis on a capital increase of approximately €1.5 billion through an accelerated bookbuilding process.
- Advice to Portobello Capital on the direct transaction of its portfolio companies Angulas Aguinaga and Industrias Alimentarias de Navarra (IAN) -owner, among others, of the Carretilla brand products- to a new fund in Luxembourg whose majority investor is HarbourVest Partners LLC.
- Advice to Artá Capital on the sale of Alvinesa to the British private equity firm ICG.
- Advice to GED Capital on its investment in Discefa; Gestión Técnica Tributaria; Araven; Habock Group; Aircraft Interior Refurbishment España (AIRE); Comess Group and Cinelux, and on its divestment in Sendal; Rioglass Laminar; Azulev; Aleastur and GTT.
- Advice to Moira Capital Partners on all its investments, including Nice Cold Corporation; Grupo Dermatológico Pedro Jaén; Gases, Research, Innovation and Technology; Cubiq Foods; Euroespes; BioFlyTech; GreenE; Eskariam; Sipay; Voovio Technologies; GOI Travel; Cella Medical Solutions; Biorizon Biotech or Snippet.
- Advice to Sonae on its investments in the Spanish retail sector, including, Perfumerías Arenal, Salsa Jeans, Ulabox, and Losan.
- Advice to Inmobiopres Holding, S.A. on its divestment in Hiperbaric, S.A.