Jim is a Corporate Partner with over 35 years' experience. He advises many leading financial institutions, fund managers, institutional investors, custodians and insurers. His experience ranges from setting up and selling businesses, obtaining licences, negotiating strategic alliances, establishing investment funds, making investments for institutional investors and responding to regulatory investigations.
For many years Jim has been named as a leading individual in numerous directories including in Chambers and Partners for both Investment Funds and Financial Services Regulation.
Jim has worked in Melbourne, London and Sydney and is Australian and UK qualified.
- KKR: establishment of listed credit fund
- AMP: distribution and regulatory aspects of the sale of AMP Limited's Australian and New Zealand wealth protection and mature businesses to Resolution Life
- AFCA systemic breaches: responding to AFCA findings of systemic breaches
- 2 global institutions: responses to Royal Commission into Financial Services & Superannuation
- Zurich: distribution and regulatory aspects of Zurich's acquisition of OnePath
- NAB: demerger of NAB's wealth business
- Sentinel: establishment of build to rent fund
- Findex: establishment of several retail funds including a retail hedge fund of funds
- Qualitas: establishment of stapled funds to invest in real estate equity, preferred equity, and mezzanine debt investments
- Institutional investors: investments into Australian and offshore investment funds
- 1995 – Present: Partner, King & Wood Mallesons, Sydney
- 1993 – 1994: Mallesons Stephen Jaques, Melbourne
- 1991 – 1992: Secondment, Linklaters & Paines, London
- 1986 – 1991: Mallesons Stephen Jaques, Melbourne