Jason has extensive experience in corporate securities and general corporate matters. He has worked on a broad range of securities transactions, including IPOs, debt offerings, tender offers, private placements, and pre-IPO venture capital investments involving issuers from the People's Republic of China, Taiwan Region, Hong Kong SAR, Indonesia, Korea, and Australia. He also advises on U.S. corporate and regulatory matters.
Jason has been recognized as a leading attorney in the Equity Capital Markets category by IFLR 1000. Raised in Asia and the United States, he is a native speaker of both Mandarin and English, and has a working knowledge of Japanese.
- Fosun Tourism Group: Spin-off from Fosun International and US$428 million global offering and IPO on the Main Board of the Hong Kong Stock Exchange. Also assisted Fosun International in its PN15 spin-off application. J.P. Morgan, CLSA and Citigroup acted as the joint sponsors. Fosun Tourism Group is one of the world's leading leisure-focused integrated tourism groups.
- The PRC Ministry of Finance: the first global sovereign bond issuance by the People's Republic of China's since 1949 and several subsequent bond issuances.
- Sands China Ltd.: US$2.5 billion IPO listed on the Main Board of the Hong Kong Stock Exchange with concurrent global placement pursuant to Rule 144A and Regulation S. Sands China is the Macau unit of the Las Vegas Sands Corp. casino operators. This transaction was named Equity Deal of the Year by IFLR and by China Law and Practice in 2010.
- Nine Dragons Paper (Holdings) Limited: US$300 million tender offer for its 7.875% Senior Notes due 2013, which achieved a 58% acceptance rate. Nine Dragons is the largest producer in Asia, and one of the largest in the world of containerboard and other packaging paperboard products.
- China International Capital Corporation and Merrill Lynch Far East Limited: acted as joint global coordinators' counsel in the IPO of Air China Limited, raising approximately US$1.237 billion with a dual listing on the Main Board of the Hong Kong Exchange and the London Stock Exchange.
- PanAsialum Holdings Company Limited: US$158.8 million IPO on the Main Board of the Hong Kong Stock Exchange with concurrent global placement pursuant to Rule 144A and Regulation S. PanAsialum is a leading Chinese manufacturer of aluminium products.
- Guangdong Join-Share Financing Guarantee Investment Co., Ltd.: US$51.5 million H share IPO listed on the Main Board of the Hong Kong Stock Exchange with concurrent global placement pursuant to Regulation S. Guangdong Join-Share is a financing guarantee services provider in China.
*Includes transactions completed prior to joining KWM