Richard Mazzochi is a partner in the Hong Kong office of King & Wood Mallesons where he specialises in banking and finance. He has previously worked in Sydney, Singapore and London.
Richard has extensive experience in a broad range of significant matters including capital markets financing in the European, American and Asian markets; securitisation, repackagings and other structured finance; structured products (including funds); derivatives; market regulation (including clearing and settlement systems).
He acts for leading arrangers, sponsors, issuers, borrowers, lenders and dealers.
Richard is regularly rated as a leading practitioner by market surveys.
- 2003: Admitted as a Solicitor of the High Court of Hong Kong
- 1989: Admitted as a Solicitor of the Supreme Court of England and Wales
- 1983: Admitted to the Supreme Court of New South Wales, Australia
- Acting in connection with conventional and structured note and bond issues and programs (including convertible and exchangeable bonds, EMTN programmes, project bonds and Rule 144A offerings in the US), commercial paper programs (including assisting issuers in listing debt securities on domestic and offshore stock exchanges).
- Structured issues including inflation-linked bonds, credit-linked notes, participation notes, structured private placements and tax and regulatory capital motivated structured finance (including tax deductible capital)
- Acting for bond and security trustees, other agents and escrow agents
- Acting on the issuance of warrants, CBBCs, equity linked investments and other structured products in Hong Kong including structuring and listing
- Advising providers and end-users of interest rate, currency, equity, bond derivatives as well as credit derivatives, CBOs, CLOs, CDOs, repos and securities lending
- Advising on legal and regulatory issues which arise in the course of domestic and cross-border business in the financial markets including licensing and market regulation
- Richard has acted for the 16 distributors of Lehman mini-bonds since 2008. Richard has advised bank clients in respect of, and appeared before, Legislative Council enquiries