Minny Siu is a partner in our Hong Kong office where she specialises in:
- general financial regulatory developments in Hong Kong and China. She is a core partner in representing financial market participants on various virtual on-boarding, e-KYC and innovative APP development and documentation projects, including virtual bank licensing matters pursuant to the HKMA's latest smart banking initiatives
- payment and settlement system related issues in Asia Pacific
- financial products infrastructure projects and product platforms developments in Hong Kong and China
- regulatory issues relating to RQFII, QDIIs and cross-border RMB settlement related issues, and the offering/ marketing of securities in the Asia-Pacific region generally
- Minny is an active participant in various industry working groups and committees, including the Capital Markets Committee of ASIFMA, a working group for an industry paper of FSDC and the regulatory committee member of Investment Fund Association and the Offshore RMB Working Group (since 2013)
Minny has been working closely with leading market players in Hong Kong, as well as a new wave of FinTech innovators on the establishment of tech-driven product platforms and infrastructures, to drive traditional banking and financial services and products as part of Hong Kong's transformation into an e-Smart City under the new era of regulatory initiatives.
Minny speaks Cantonese, Mandarin and English, and is qualified to advice on Hong Kong and English laws.
Clients describe Minny within Chambers Asia 2017 "Extensive regulatory expertise, especially in relation to OTC derivatives and securitisation transactions." Clients single [Minny] out for her "practicality and user-friendly advice."
- 1998: Admitted as a solicitor of the High Court of Hong Kong
- Advising a leading exchange platform in Asia on the establishment of a commodity trading and clearing platform in China
- Advising a major PRC payment system entity in establishing a global payment and settlement system platform, and innovative trading infrastructure for cross border securities trading
- SDR/RMB Currency Swap to support the first SDR Bond issuance by The Worldbank in the Interbank Bond Market in 2016
- Acting for a European bank in setting up its mobile business platform in Asia Pacific
- Representing 16 warrant issuers in an industry working group in 2013 in formulating an industry paper for enhanced liquidity services for warrant trading
- Advising ISDA on the PRC close out netting legal memorandum published in 2014 and the PRC collateral legal memorandum published in 2016
- Acting for international financial institutions in the establishment of retail structured note programmes and developments of new structured products in Hong Kong
- Leading Lawyer, Financial Services: Non-Contentious Regulatory (China) – Chambers Asia Pacific, 2018
- Leading Lawyer, Capital Markets: Derivatives and Structured Products (China) – Chambers Asia Pacific, 2018
- Leading Lawyer, Banking (Hong Kong) – IFLR1000, 2018
- Leading Lawyer, Investment Funds (Hong Kong) – IFLR1000, 2018
- Leading Lawyer, Structured Finance and Securitisation (Hong Kong) – Asia Pacific Legal 500, 2018