Tim is a leading tax expert with extensive experience in the energy and resources and private equity sectors. He routinely acts for private equity houses and large corporates on their acquisitions and restructures and tax disputes. He is known for combining cutting edge technical expertise with commercial acumen.
Tim specialises in income tax and has been closely involved in a range of tax work including corporate acquisitions and disposals, restructures, capital raisings R&D matters, tax audits and international tax.
Well regarded by his peers, Tim is also a regularly invited to present and consult on tax issues for various industry bodies.
Tim's work highlights include:
- Multinational manufacturing company: advising on Australian refinancing.
- Colgate: advising on the disposal of its laundry detergents brands.
- Affinity: advising on the acquisition of Ticketek from Nine Entertainment; and advising on the acquisition of its 35% stake in Velocity Frequent Flyer program.
- CapitaLand: advising in connection with the acquisition of its interest in Quest.
- Glencore: advising in relation to various disposals, acquisitions and bids.