Jerome Tse is a tax partner specialising in taxation and superannuation disputes, litigation and transfer pricing.
Jerome advises clients on income tax law including on anti-avoidance, diverted profits tax, taxable Australian property issues, transfer pricing, regulatory access regimes and dispute/litigation strategy. His portfolio includes clients in the banking, healthcare, mining, oil and gas, and data/technology industries. He capably synthesises complex legal and commercial issues to assist clients resolve tax disputes at the earliest opportunity.
Jerome's work highlights include a number of disputes that are successfully settled prior to litigation and are the subject of confidentiality arrangements. Jerome's work highlights in the public domain include:
- Chevron Australia: advising on one of the landmark global transfer pricing cases involving a USD2.45b facility bad debt and limited recourse debt disputes in the Federal, Full Federal and High Courts of Australia.
- Glencore Australia: advising on the landmark global transfer pricing case following Chevron.
- Healius Ltd: Acting in its special leave application to the High Court on deductibility of lump sum payments, with ramifications across the entire Australian healthcare industry.
- Bupa: Acting in its special leave application to the High Court relating to the classification of workers as employees or contractors for superannuation purposes.
- BHP: advising on bad debt and limited recourse debt disputes in the Federal, Full Federal and High Courts of Australia. Jerome has also used his vast litigation experience to assist clients in settling a number of disputes that are the subject of confidentiality deeds.