Angela Weber is a Partner in KWM’s Employee Relations & Safety team. Her practice spans the full range of employment law, industrial relations and safety work. Angela works with a diverse range of clients on advisory, transactional and litigation matters, with particular expertise in the financial services sector.
Angela works closely with the firm’s M&A team and regularly advises on matters of strategic significance to boards and executive teams, including on senior executive employment arrangements and advising on employment issues associated with corporate restructuring / transactional support.
Her experience includes:
- conducting investigations relating to sexual harassment, the Banking Executive Accountability Regime, executive / organisational accountability and workplace misconduct,
- structuring executive employment arrangements, including drafting and negotiation of senior executive contracts and separations,
- enforcement of post-employment obligations and restrictions against former employees,
- employment issues associated with corporate restructuring/transactions (including share and asset sales/acquisitions, IPOs, demergers and schemes of arrangement),
- advising on governance and accountability matters relating to senior executives,
- employee/contractor engagements and the risks associated with mis-classification,
- employee termination issues and strategy, including in respect of redundancy and unfair dismissal adverse action, discrimination and breach of contract issues; and
- various other employment issues, such as modern award coverage, minimum wages, transfer of employment, and leave entitlements and obligations.