Adrian specialises in mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, major projects, private equity and commercial transactions. He is a trusted adviser to a range of leading companies and funds.
Adrian is on the King & Wood Mallesons Board and leads the firm's Industrials and Consumer Sector team and International Trade and Investment practice.
His work highlights include acting for:
- Sydney Transport Partners consortium on its $11.1 billion acquisition from the NSW Government of a 49% interest in Westconnex, the largest toll road project in Australia
- Brookfield Infrastructure on the Asia aspects of its acquisition of AT&T’s global data centre colocation operations
- Glencore on its $1.2 billion acquisition of a 49% interest in the Hunter Valley Operations coal complex from Yancoal and Mitsubishi and the creation of the Hunter Valley Operations joint venture
- Glencore on its $1.14 billion sale of GRail by competitive auction to Genesee & Wyoming (and others) and the sale of its Tahmoor coal mine to SIMEC
- Brookfield Private Equity on its consortium arrangements with Macquarie Bank to form Quadrant Energy Holdings in connection with its A$2.1 billion acquisition of the Western Australian oil & gas assets of Apache Corporation
- Oil Search Limited on its A$1 billion acquisition of the Pacific LNG Group of Companies and interests in the Elk / Antelope gas fields in Papua New Guinea
- Steadfast on the roll up of 60 insurance broker businesses for its IPO
- Capitaland on its staged acquisition of the Quest Services Apartments group
- Hanson on its $203 million acquisition of Fletcher Building's Rocla Quarry Products business, its acquisition of Australia-based recycling and asphalt business Alex Fraser Group and its interests in the Cement Australia joint venture
- iNova Pharmaceuticals on various brand acquisitions in Asia including Demazin from GSK plc and the Gold Cross, David Craig and Skin Beauty brands from Probiotec
- Puma Energy on multiple petrol station acquisitions, the establishment of its bitumen import business in Australia and the acquisition of the Napa Napa oil refinery in PNG
- Morgan Stanley on the acquisition and subsequent sale of a portfolio of gold royalties.