Latest insights on labour and employment issues
From vaccine mandates and pandemic-induced restrictions, to hybrid working models and zoom job interviews – the past two years have seen the “traditional office” concept dissipate, raising many challenges and questions for employers and employees alike.
We pride ourselves at staying ahead of the game on employment issues, which means that our clients benefit from market-leading commercial advice across all areas of labour and employment law. Our team manages the full suite of legal, tax, commercial, and reputational risks associated with employment, industrial relations, workplace health and safety, executive remuneration and incentives, and employee mobility/relocation.
We advise on contentious and non-contentious matters, with a constant focus on protecting our clients’ interests and reputation. When disputes occur, our expertise in investigations and dispute resolution allows us to achieve your commercial objectives – be that a confidential and cost-effective resolution or an aggressive protection of your commercial position.
Commercial approach to managing employment relationships
We are renowned for providing succinct commercial advice, tailoring solutions which dovetail into your business strategy. Drawing on our deep industry and sector knowledge, our advice reflects not just market practice but your market. We work with directors, legal teams, and managers who have responsibility for human resources/human capital issues in a wide variety of organisations, including large listed and private companies, small and medium sized entities, financial institutions, limited liability partnerships (LLPs) and charities.
Sharing our expertise and experience, we deliver the strategic advice you need as an employer to engage with, incentivise, and manage the asset that drives the success of your business – your people.
King & Wood Mallesons expertise covers the full range of labour and employment law issues, including recruitment, dismissal, restrictive covenants, protecting confidentiality, employment tribunals, and team moves.
Our advice covers:
- Contentious and non-contentious labour and employment law issues including termination of employment, sexual harassment and discrimination, and dispute resolution and litigation
- Industrial relations strategy and bargaining
- Managing workplace health and safety liability and providing legal support in the event of a workplace incident, accident, or fatality
- All aspects of regulation, management, and restructuring of pensions
- Reviewing employment documentation and policies to ensure compliance with local and international laws
- Managing the influence and demands of other stakeholders such as regulators and trade unions
- Managing the transfer of employment and business issues arising in corporate M&A transactions.
Our lawyers have knowledge and in-depth experience across many industry sectors, including banking, financial services, real estate, advertising, media, hotel and leisure, manufacturing, government, and retail. In addition, we act for a small number of high-net-worth individuals.