Peter Vaughan is an energy specialist with a proven track record of delivering on major energy projects and transactions.
Peter has over 20 years of experience in the sector, with deep experience in sector related project development, mergers & acquisitions as well as on off-take and marketing arrangements.
Peter is recognised as a leading expert in energy across major legal directories, including Chambers and Partners, Legal 500 and Best Lawyers. Peter receives high praise from his clients, one of whom numbers him among “the three best LNG lawyers globally” while another characterises him as “a highly skilled and pragmatic practitioner who provides very well-considered advice across the legal, commercial and regulatory spectrum and has consistently made very significant contributions to the commercial and legal outcomes that we have achieved”: Chambers & Partners, Energy and Natural Resources 2022.
Peter's experience includes:
- Woodside Energy: Advising on the sale of a 49% participating interest in the US$5.6 billion Pluto Train 2 LNG Project in Western Australia to Global Infrastructure Partners.
- Beach Energy: advising on LNG sales and marketing arrangements associated with its Australian LNG production.
- Woodside Energy: Advising on the US$12 billion expansion of the Pluto LNG Project and Scarborough tie-in, including project structuring, integration and documentation for the expansion, including the establishment and development of the Pluto Train 2 LNG Project and on long-term processing arrangements for LNG and domestic gas.
- Oil Search: advising on LNG marketing and related arrangements associated with assets in Papua New Guinea.
- ERRRF: advising on the long-term power offtake arrangements for the East Rockingham Resource Recovery waste to energy project in Western Australia.