Nicola Charlston advises clients on complex transactions across a broad range of sectors, including financial services, infrastructure, health, pharmaceutical, resources and technology. Nicola is equally proficient at public M&A and private treaty transactions, and her technical expertise, combined with her practical approach, has seen clients seek her out to assist with some of Australia's most high profile transactions over the past few years.
As well as transactional M&A, Nicola provides strategic advice to her clients on a broad range of corporate issues, including continuous disclosure and governance matters and complex restructure and joint venture arrangements. Nicola sits on the firm's health and industrials sector leadership teams and is also an officer of the International Bar Association's esteemed M&A Committee.
"Very responsive, commercial partner with the ability to deliver clear advices on highly complex matters to the legal team, as well as simpler, more digestible papers to internal clients". (Australian health client)
Nicola's work highlights include:
- Block Inc: Advising on its acquisition of Afterpay by scheme of arrangement
- REA Group Ltd: advising on its acquisition of Mortgage Choice by scheme of arrangement
- Campbell Soup Company: advising on the sale of Campbell's International business, including Arnott's Biscuits to KKR
- Asciano: advising on takeover bid by a joint Qube and Brookfield consortium also comprised of GIP, CPPIB, GIC and CIC
- Etex Group: advising on Etex's acquisition of Knauf's Australian plasterboard business
- The Department of Premier and Cabinet (Victoria): market process associated with the implementation of the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) in Victoria
- Ampol: advising on off-market share buy-backs