Michelle specialises in all aspects of environmental and planning law across the infrastructure, real estate and energy and resource sectors. Michelle has extensively advised clients on a broad range of environmental and planning issues in the context of preparing and securing State and Federal approvals for significant infrastructure, major development and resources projects.
She also provides advice on liability arising from non-compliances with environmental legislation (including contamination, pollution incidents and waste matters).
Michelle has extensive litigation experience in the NSW Land and Environment Court.
Michelle's work highlights include:
- Planning and Regulatory Approvals: Advising on numerous matters concerning the environmental and approval processes, compliance and regulatory issues associated with large infrastructure, resources, commercial and residential developments in NSW.
- Rezoning: Advising a number of clients in relation to planning and rezoning issues (including the Gateway process) for significant land holdings in NSW, including in the vicinity of the proposed Badgerys Creek Airport.
- Court Appeals: Acting for both applicants and consent authorities in planning appeals under the Environmental Planning and Assessment Act, and for both landowners and acquiring authorities in relation to the compulsory acquisition of land.
- Voluntary Planning Agreements: advising on and negotiating numerous voluntary planning agreements associated with large scale developments.
- Due Diligence Audits: Advising on all aspects of environmental, planning and regulatory due diligence work for the acquisition of mining sites, as well as large portfolios of industrial and commercial properties within NSW.