Mark is the leader of the King & Wood Mallesons private equity team. His area of expertise lies across the full range of M&A transactions for private equity clients - MBOs / LBOs, public takeovers, private M&A and securities offerings.
Mark's client list boasts a number of leading Australian and global private equity players, and he has represented clients with interests in a wide range of industries, including media, manufacturing, education, food & beverages and transport.
Mark has been ranked as a leading practitioner in Private Equity (Band 1) in Chambers Global Guide to the Legal Profession in 2012-2021 and Best Lawyers in Australia in 2008-20. Mark has also been named the Best Lawyers' 2013 and 2017 Sydney Private Equity "Lawyer of the Year".
Mark's work highlights include:
- Quadrant Private Equity: on its investments in Estia, ICON Cancer Care, Rockpool Dining Group, Fitness First, Goodlife Gyms, Jetts Fitness, QScan Group, Experience Australia Group, Junior Adventure Group, FTZ, myHomecare and Fullerton Heath Australia.
- KKR Credit on its public to private acquisition of Pepper Group.
- KKR: on its public to private bids for Perpetual Trustees, Healthscope, Vocus, SAI, Treasury Wines, and MYOB.
- KKR: on its acquisition and sale of Seven Media Group, Santanol Australian VenueCo and Sundrop Farms.
- Affinity Private Equity: on its leveraged JV of Velocity Frequent Flyer (VFF) and its acquisition of TEG (Ticketek) and the subsequent sale of VFF to Virgin Australia and the sale of TEG to Silverlake.
- Brookfield Capital Partners on its bid for Healthscope.
- CHAMP Private Equity: on its sales of Centric Wealth, Golding Contractors, Study Group, Manassen Foods and Alleasing and its acquisitions of Axieo, Shelf Drilling, Pepperstone.