Isabel Rodríguez is the head of the Investment Funds team at King & Wood Mallesons Madrid office. A lawyer with more than 25 years of experience, she primarily advises in relation to the structuring and establishment of domestic and international investment funds (private equity, venture capital, infrastructure, real estate, mezzanine funds, and funds of funds), secondary transactions, carried interest arrangements, co-investment plans and other related transactions such as restructuring of funds or creation of special purposes vehicles for investment into private equity.
She represents both fund managers and investors. She specialises in the creation of worldwide private equity investment funds (e.g. Spanish regulated investment funds, UK Limited Partnership, Luxembourg vehicles, and combined pan-European structures).
Isabel advises the leading managers in the market including, among others, Abac Capital, Abante, Alantra, All Iron Ventures, Altamar Private Equity, Arcano, Artá Capital, Asterion Industrial Partners, Bankinter, BBVA, Bestinver, GED Capital, Global Social Impact Investments, GPF Capital, Impact Bridge, JB Capital Partners, Kibo Ventures, Magnum Industrial Partners, MCH Private Equity, Meridia Capital, Miura Partners, Mutua Madrileña, Nazca Capital, Nexxus Capital, Oquendo, Orienta Capital, Partners Group, Plenium Partners, Portobello Capital, QEnergy, Qualitas Equity Funds, Samaipata, Seaya Ventures, Sherpa Capital, Swanlaab Venture Factory, Teset Capital, Yielco Investments AG, and Ysios Capital.
Isabel is Vice-President of the Legal and Regulatory Committee of Invest Europe, a member of the Board of Directors of the Private Equity and Venture Capital Institute, and the secretary of the Board of Directors of the association International Women's Forum Spain.
Chambers & Partners and Legal 500 highlight Isabel as one of the best funds lawyers in Spain.
- Advice to Asterion Industrial Partners on the structuring of its funds Asterion Industrial Infra Fund I and Asterion Industrial Infra Fund II.
- Advice to Bestinver on the launch of its first infrastructure fund.
- Advice to Abante on the structuring, together with Mapfre and Macquarie, of Mapfre Infraestructuras FCR.
- Advice to the public company Axis Participaciones Empresariales on the private equity and venture capital activities of the government-supported Fond-ICO program, including the investments made by its fund of funds Fond-ICO Global and the advice and follow-up of its investments and divestments.
- Advice to Portobello Capital on the structuring of its private equity funds, including Portobello Fund II and Portobello Fund III.
- Advice to Magnum Industrial Partners on the structuring of its private equity funds: Magnum I, Magnum II, Magnum III.
- Advice to MCH Private Equity on the structuring of its private equity funds, including its fund Fondo IV.
- Advice to GED Capital on the structuring of its private equity funds, including GED V España, GED VI España, and Conexo Ventures FCR.
- Advice to Nazca Capital on the structuring of its private equity funds, including Nazca VI Fund.
- Advice to several private equity funds on its secondary transactions, including, among others Portobello Capital, Magnum Industrial Partners, and Alantra.