Dale's practice focuses on asset and structured finance, financial regulation and derivatives. Prior to joining KWM, Dale worked for international law firms in Sydney, London and Hong Kong and in derivatives legal at Societe Generale in Hong Kong and London.
He also worked in Asset and Structured Finance in the front office at HSBC in Hong Kong for many years.
Dale is listed in AFR's Best Lawyers 2021 for Structured Finance Law, Banking and Finance Law, Debt Capital Markets Law, Financial Institutions Law, Regulatory Practice, Equipment Finance, Derivatives and Asset Finance Law. He is also ranked in Chambers for Asset Finance and Leasing.
He was also AFR's Best Lawyers "Lawyer of the Year" for Financial Institutions in 2018, for Derivatives in 2021 and Asset Finance in 2022.
- Chair of APLMA RFR Committee.
- Banking and Financial Services Law Association.
- Aviation Working Group (AWG) on Cape Town Convention implementation.
- Fellow UNCITRAL coordination committee for Australia (For Working Group VI - Model Secured Transactions Law).
- Walrus Committee on Banking Law.