Amelia Mellor is a Projects lawyer with a wide range of energy, mining, resources and infrastructure experience. Her experience includes negotiating, drafting and advising on the development and operation of renewable energy projects, sale and purchase agreements, mining services contracts, gas sale agreements, power purchase agreements, procurement agreements, construction projects and access to regulated assets, together with advising on carbon liability, and the provision of general corporate and resources-based advice to mining and oil and gas companies on an ongoing basis.
Amelia has advised on all aspects of project delivery from risk analysis, project planning and strategy, project structuring and procurement options, development of appropriate contractual delivery structures, risk assessment and allocation, tendering and bid assessment and contract preparation and negotiation.
Amelia's work highlights include:
- BHP: Power arrangements in the North and Mid West of Western Australia, including drafting Power Purchase Agreements and related documentation and advising on applicable regulatory regimes.
- APA: on the power purchase agreements and connection agreements for the 130MW Badgingarra Wind Farm, 17.5MW Badgingarra Solar Farm and 20MW Emu Downs Solar Farm, and related amendments to power purchase agreements for the adjacent Emu Downs Wind Farm.
- State Solicitor's Office: On the Network Regulation project, involving the proposed transfer of the regulation of Western Power's network to the national electricity regulatory framework.
- Aquila Resources: on the $430m sale of its venture interest in the Isaac Plains Coal Joint Venture to Sumitomo Corporation.
- Aurizon: advising on the West Pilbara Iron Ore Project in relation to the development and operation of a rail and port facility including preparation of the infrastructure development agreement and infrastructure services agreement for the provision of a pit to port supply chain and the development of procurement, Early works, construction and EPC tender packages