Accurate advice throughout the entire real estate cycle
Real estate and construction law is part of our DNA. Over the years King & Wood Mallesons has advised some of the key players in the sector, including global investors, developers, sponsors, fund managers, banks and financial institutions. Our legal and regulatory advice is interwoven with industry insights and the commercial realities facing our real estate and construction clients.
The knowledge of our lawyers enables a single integrated team to cover the entire lifecycle across all real estate subsectors, including:
- Shopping and leisure centres
- Student and senior residences
- Retail and logistics.
Our areas of specialisation include:
- Real estate investments
- Joint ventures
- Real estate funds and SOCIMIs (Spanish real estate investment trusts)
- Real estate restructuring
- Real estate tax
- Real estate finance
- Planning, development and construction
- Property litigation and insolvency.
Some of our real estate highlighted deals include, among others, advising:
- Global cloud service provider in the contracting process of its premises and logistics facilities in Spain.
- Testa Residencial SOCIMI on a capital increase through the contribution of a 3,300 residential unit portfolio valued at €665 million provided by Banco Santander, BBVA and Banco Popular.
- Generali Real Estate on several sales and acquisitions of real estate assets, such as buildings, commercial premises and offices.
- Silicius on the acquisition of several real estate residential assets in premium zones, including the purchase of residential and commercial buildings in Madrid.
- McDonald's on its expansion process, including the acquisition, lease and / or execution of surface rights over plots of land for the construction of restaurants.
- Leroy Merlin on the acquisition of several plots of lands for the development of shopping centres.