Lawyers with deep-rooted expertise in the agriculture, food and beverage industry
There is an unprecedented and growing global demand for food and agricultural products. To take advantage of the opportunities and navigate the pitfalls, clients in this sector need lawyers who can complement their legal and regulatory skills with industry insights.
Our multidisciplinary team of food and agribusiness lawyers has built up a full range of legal and regulatory skills and experience, covering all the stages of the production and distribution chain.
We advise on all legal and regulatory issues relating to food, beverages and agriculture, including:
- Mergers and acquisitions, private equity and joint ventures
- Commercial agreements
- Foreign investment approval
- Public Law
- Intellectual property
- Competition and EU Law
- Litigation and product liability
- Labour and Employment.
Highlighted deals include advising:
- Associated British Foods plc on the acquisition of Gb Plange Group, a leading provider of baking ingredients in the European market, from BI Bakery Ingredients Holding GmbH.
- Profand Group on the financing of the acquisition of Caladero, S.A.
- A leading Spanish beer company on intellectual property disputes related to plant variety rights in accordance with EU and international laws.
- An international wholesale seafood supplier on several employment matters, including the negotiation of the executive contract for the new General Manager and the new CEO for Spain.
- Moira Capital Partners on its investment in Cubiq Foods.
- Danske Private Equity on a co-investment in Pastas Gallo.
- A Spanish leading multinational company in the sector of seafood commercialization on a range of different litigation and competition matters.
- Sovena Oilseeds España on its joint venture company to promote the activities of production and marketing of oil seeds in bulk for industrial customers.