Driving innovation in the banking sector
In the rapidly evolving world of banking, our ability to innovate helps you stay ahead of the curve. From the day-to-day corporate lending, infrastructure and project finance, asset finance, leveraged finance and trade finance, to the most complex capital raisings and corporate restructures, our ability to think out of the box is helping our clients to achieve their goals.
Our team in Spain provides regulatory, transactional, and contentious legal services to the banking sector – depending on our clients’ needs. Acting for both banks and their customers on procedures, standard form documentation, credit risk mitigation, cash management, new banking products and the associated regulatory framework, we have earned a reputation for getting the right outcome for our clients.
The areas of banking & finance we advise on include:
- Acquisition and leveraged finance
- Asset finance
- Corporate finance / lending
- Debt capital markets and equity capital markets
- Debt / loan trading / loan book sales
- Financial market regulation, including regulatory capital
- Funds finance
- Project and infrastructure finance
- Real estate finance
- Restructuring and insolvency
- Trade, commodity and export finance.
Some of our highlighted deals include advising:
- European Investment Bank on the financing of several portfolios of wind farms (Project Goya and Project Lanuza).
- Spanish energy and infrastructure companies in the financing of projects in Australia and Asia.
- Hispasat on several ECA – backed financings for the construction and launch of new satellites.
- European Investment Bank on risk-sharing products with Spanish banks, qualifying as credit risk mitigants under CRD-IV.
- The largest Spanish private equity funds in various types of fund finance facilities (capital calls, secondaries, etc.).
- AustralianSuper on the investment in a group of Spanish toll road companies, through a secured term loan structurally subordinated to senior facilities and hedging.
Our banking team has been ranked in Chambers & Partners, Legal 500, IFLR 1000, Leaders League and Best Lawyers.