A team that bridges the gap between tax and legal advice
We make sense of complex tax systems, enabling you to do business more easily, manage your commercial risk and save money – wherever you are in the world.
Our tax lawyers in Spain see taxes not as a problem but as a chance to save you money. Whatever your business is, we can reduce your tax bill through clever tax planning and fiscal solutions.
We advise all types of clients in all sectors – our clients include national and international companies, financial institutions, private equity firms and private clients.
Our tax team has been ranked in Chambers & Partners, Legal 500, Leaders League and Best Lawyers.
Our advice on tax law covers:
- General tax advisory
- M&A tax planning
- Tax advisory on IPOs and financing
- Fund structuring, including the tax planning for carried interest structures
- Tax dispute resolution
- Real estate taxation
- Tax planning on executives and employee incentives
- Tax planning on private clients & wealth management
- Tax due diligence.
Clients benefiting from our expertise include, among others: Valencia Club de Fútbol, EDP Energías de Portugal, EDP Renováveis, IB Vogt, Arcano Capital, Portobello Capital, MCH Private Equity, Capital Dynamics, Qualitas Equity Partners, DWS, Asterion Industrial Partners, Muscari Property and Miura Private Equity.
Some of our highlighted deals include advising:
- On the tax structuring of the top private equity funds launched in Spain by, among others, Arcano Capital, Portobello Capital, Asterion Industrial Partners, Miura Private Equity, MCH Private Equity and Qualitas Equity Partners.
- Valencia Club de Fútbol on all the day-to-day tax matters that arise during the ordinary and extraordinary course of the clubs’ business, including the advice on the tax structuring related to the players’ contracts, the acquisition of federative rights of new players, transfers and assignments of players, dismissals, etc.
- Capital Dynamics on the tax structuring of its investments in several SICC companies managed by the private equity firm Moira Capital Partners.
- EDP Group on the tax structuring of the €2.5 billion sale of its gas subsidiary Nortegas (formerly Naturgas).
- EDP Renewables Europe on the tax structuring of the €550 million sale of a 49% stake in an asset portfolio of 23 onshore wind projects in Spain, Portugal, France and Belgium.