Solve the problem and get the best outcome for your business
Disputes are an inevitable part of business. Whether you are involved in a commercial dispute, in financial litigation, under investigation, or simply keen to protect your business and ensure full compliance, KWM lawyers can help. Whatever the situation, our top priority is always to get the right outcome for you.
King & Wood Mallesons’ litigation lawyers in Spain are experts in all stages of disputes. To ensure we protect your interests, we always look at all the options, including mediation and arbitration – not just litigation. A thorough understanding of different business sectors ensures we can offer the best advice for your situation.
We advise on civil, commercial, contentious-administrative and criminal litigation disputes, corporate governance issues, company disputes, liability for damages proceedings, bankruptcy proceedings, competition law, intellectual property and national and international arbitration.
Ranked firm in Chambers & Partners, Legal 500 and Best Lawyers.
Our expertise in litigation and dispute resolution law includes:
- Dealing with conflicts between shareholders, challenging corporate resolutions, executing shareholder agreements and actions for damages against directors
- Industrial and intellectual property rights and unfair competition disputes
- Contractual and tort liability actions for professional activities and defective products
- Economic offences: fraud, misappropriation, forgery, money laundering, bribery and corruption
- Enforcement proceedings, injunctions, tracking on assets, freezing orders and interim measures
- Financial markets and banking disputes
- Civil and commercial contractual breaches
- Insolvency and financial restructuring
- Contentious-administrative claims
- National and international arbitration disputes.
- Major fund managers of private equity firms in arbitration and court proceedings related to unfair competition laws and breaches of contracts.
- A top-notch Spanish soccer team in several court proceedings against minority shareholders who are challenging, amongst others, the share capital increase of the company, the entering into of a shareholders’ loan and the remuneration of the members of the Board.
- One of the largest shipping groups in the world in arbitration proceedings before the International Chamber of Commerce.
- One of the world's largest energy companies before several judicial entities regarding contractual breaches derived from the sale of energy assets.
- One of the largest real estate companies in Europe in several arbitration proceedings with regard to damages arising from construction and commercial defects.
- One of the largest Portuguese investment institutions on complex criminal proceedings for several offences (misappropriation, forgery and money laundering), affecting roughly 120 of its clients.