National and international experience in IP law
At King & Wood Mallesons, we make it our business to understand the value of our clients’ intellectual property.
The difference lies at the heart of our approach. We believe that in a world where many things look and feel the same, how you make your mark is what truly defines you. With innovation and marketing being the new battlegrounds, safeguarding your creativity and protecting your innovations helps you develop your brand.
Our intellectual property team in Spain advises on the registration and protection of patents, trademarks and on litigation in the event of infringement of IP rights. Our goal is always to find the most practical, cost-effective outcome for you.
The areas of intellectual property law we advise on include:
- Registering patents and trademarks. IP licensing and transfers of intellectual property rights.
- Ownership and entitlement issues.
- Intellectual property litigation.
- Tax issues, including patent box.
- Advertising and management.
- Agency, distribution and franchising.
- Technology transfer and research and development (R&D) agreements.
- Domain name clearance and registration, as well as domain name issues in corporate transactions.
- Data protection.
Our IP clients include all kinds of national and international companies across sectors, as well as private clients, private equity firms and their portfolios. Our experience includes advising EDP and Orbitel on commercial agreements and on data protection issues.
Other clients who have benefited from our advice on data protection include Pharmexx, Ladbrokes, Ticketmaster, Nintendo, Page Group and listed Portuguese company, Inapa. Ralph Lauren and Calvin Klein turned to us for advice on IP registration and data protection.
We also advised an automotive company on drafting and implementing agreements and licenses for transferring technology related to hardware, software and databases.