Solutions that go beyond the standard
We provide access to the source of “new world” capital through our global network of leading securities lawyers.
Major corporations and financial institutions look to our law firm to assist with all aspects of domestic and international capital markets transactions. Whether you are undertaking a cross-border or domestic Initial Public Offering (IPO), a private placement or a rights issue, our top-ranked securities lawyers will guide you through the process.
Our Spanish capital markets team successfully combines an understanding of the relevant rules and regulations with in-depth market knowledge. This enables us to anticipate issues before they become problems and find solutions to problems for which the standard response is not enough. We can do this thanks to our thorough knowledge of securities law and the markets in which you operate.
We advise financial institutions and energy companies as well as large companies in the technology, media and infrastructure sectors on:
- Issuances and initial public offerings (IPOs)
- Takeover bids
- Merges and acquisitions of listed companies
- Corporate governance
- Compliance with regulations on behaviour, transparency and information.
The highlights of our work in this field include advising EDP on their takeover bid for Hidrocantábrico and on the IPO of its renewables business through the Lisbon listing of the Spanish company EDP Renováveis. We also advise Vocento on corporate governance issues and have acted as its company secretary.
Other experience includes advising:
- EDP Renováveis on its €1.5 billion capital increase.
- Nicolás Correa on the merger with Industrias Anayak, and the simultaneous spin-off and de-listing of non-industrial assets.
- BA Vidro, S.A.'s shareholders on its participation in the restructuring of La Seda de Barcelona.
- Zeltia and Codere on corporate governance issues.
- The Portuguese fast-food company Ibersol in the take-over battle against Permira and Grupo Zena (CVC) to acquire the Spanish fast-food group Telepizza.