Broad and deep banking and finance capability
Our Spanish banking and finance lawyers find solutions to the problems for which a standard response is not enough – solutions based on a thorough knowledge of the law and the markets in which you operate. We want to help you get further than your competitors, whether that is in infrastructure financing, in refinancing of companies in difficulties, in international acquisitions, or in funds.
Our team in Spain advises financial institutions, investment funds and real estate companies as well as large companies in the technology, energy and infrastructure sectors. Clients who have benefited from our expertise include Portobello Capital, Asterion Industrial Partners, Santander, European Investment Bank, Abanca, CaixaBank, VM Energía, Galp, EDP, Finerge, DWS and AustralianSuper, among others.
The areas of banking and finance law we advise on include:
- Project Finance
- Funds finance
- Acquisition finance / M&A financing
- Corporate loans
- Syndicated loans
- Leveraged finance
- Term loan B structures
- Export credit agency (ECA) financing
- Derivatives & structured products
- Debt capital markets
- Junior Capital
- Asset Securitization
- Real estate financing
- Domestic & cross-border debt restructuring.
Some of our highlighted deals include advising:
- European Investment Bank on the financing of several portfolios of wind farms (Project Goya and Project Lanuza).
- Spanish energy and infrastructure companies in the financing of projects in Australia and Asia.
- Hispasat on several ECA – backed financings for the construction and launch of new satellites.
- European Investment Bank on risk-sharing products with Spanish banks, qualifying as credit risk mitigants under CRD-IV.
- The largest Spanish private equity funds in various types of funds finance facilities (capital calls, secondaries, etc.).
- AustralianSuper on the investment in a group of Spanish toll road companies, through a secured term loan structurally subordinated to senior facilities and hedging.
- Ranked firm in Chambers & Partners, IFLR 1000, Chambers & Partners, Best Lawyers and Leaders League.
- Joaquín Sales – awarded Lawyer of the Year in Asset Finance Law by Best Lawyers 2021.